NOTE: I've rethought my giveaway. Now, the two winners (one outside of the United States) will have his or her choice of any of my published books!
I'm a tad busy at the moment, but I wanted to point you to my newly designed website, courtesy of Avalon Graphics! Stop by and admire the new look!
In honor of my pretty new website, I'm giving away two copies of any of my published novels--with each winner getting to choose the book he or she prefers! One copy will be reserved for a winner outside of the United States. Just leave a comment on the blog or on the corresponding Facebook page and you'll be entered. The giveaway closes on September 17.
Finally, when Amazon brought out the wireless-only Kindle, I capitulated and bought one. I have to say I'm quite enjoying it. It's perfect for reading independently published books that I otherwise might not take a chance on buying, and it's also great for reading new books that I can't quite talk myself into buying in hardback but don't want to wait for the paperback or for a library copy. I'm currently reading Becoming Queen Victoria by Kate Williams on my Kindle. I'm also enjoying downloading some of the many older books that are free for Kindle users. (By the way, I'm hoping The Stolen Crown will soon be made available on Kindle; both The Traitor's Wife and Hugh and Bess are available in Kindle versions.)
Without further ado, here are seven things I love about my new Kindle:
1. Great big type.
2. Holding a Kindle and a dog on one’s lap is easier than holding a book and a dog on one’s lap. I could even fit a cat up there too.
3. No matter how dopey the book I’m reading is, I somehow look more intelligent when I’m reading it on my Kindle.
4. I can walk past the Nook lady at Barnes and Noble and look smug.
5. For every book I buy on the Kindle, I am justified in buying another book to take up residence on my bookshelf.
6. Three words: New Kindle smell.
7. My daughter doesn’t have one.