Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wacky Wednesday

We had a lot of fun in our house last night with Romance by You, a site that lets you create a personalized romance novel by inputting answers into various categories (name of heroine, hair color, name of hero, etc.). To get an entire book, you have to pay (personally, I think it's a clever gift idea), but you can generate some sample excerpts online. I especially enjoyed the Medieval Passion book, which allows customers to enter their pet's name as well as those of human characters. Naturally, I entered Boswell's name, and the resulting excerpt, where Boswell showed a great interest in pork rinds and napping, caught his personality uncannily well, I thought. (My daughter put in Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum of "Project Runway" as her hero and heroine, which generated plenty of giggles at home.)

Moving on to a totally unrelated topic, this quiz answered one of those questions that has always puzzled me:




You're the London Underground!

Once the benchmark for the industry you work in, now you've
been through a very difficult experience. This has made people less likely
to spend time with you and even afraid of you in some cases. In future, it
might be best to not respond to your own fear with threats of shootings.
Regardless, you remain a staple in your community and even a new symbol of
hope. You may soon be as popular as the Fire Department of New
York.



Take the Trains and Railroads Quiz
at RMI Miniature Railroads.



As I'm a subway aficionado, I was quite pleased with these results. The New York subway would have suited me fine also.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Sounds a little bit like Mad Libs....

I took the quiz. It seems I'm the Canadian.

Sarah Johnson said...

I'm the NYC subway, known to be dirty and smelly and old. Hmm. I know when I've been insulted...

Kathryn Warner said...

I got the Blue Train, which is quite romantic, actually...

Thanks for the Romance by You link - I had a good old giggle!