Monday, January 10, 2011

Mark Satchwill's Portrait of Margaret of Anjou

I have long admired artist Mark Satchwill's portraits of historical figures, and I was delighted to be able to commission one of Margaret of Anjou, just in time for the publication of The Queen of Last Hopes! Here it is!



If you visit Mark at his website, you can see (and order) portraits of Edward IV, Elizabeth Woodville, Elizabeth of York, Richard III, and Henry VII, as well as the Tudor gang. Mark has also produced portraits of Piers Gaveston and of everyone's favorite she-wolf, Queen Isabella.

2 comments:

Kathryn Warner said...

Margaret looks great! I love Mark's work - a copy of his Edward II portrait is permanently stuck on the side of my monitor. :-)

Gabriele Campbell said...

Lol Kathryn, why doesn't that surprise me. ;)

On a totally unrelated note, here's an interesting article about the skeleton finds of the battle at Towton. Snatch it while it's still open to unsubscribed readers.