Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

I'm working on a very long post for my recently neglected Unromantic Richard III blog, so this is just a quickie. I'm not big on New Year's resolutions in general (for one thing, other than Teddy Grahams and GummiSavers, I don't have much to give up, unless I cut my Amazon expenditure in half, which would not be a good thing), but there are a few things I'd like to do in relation to my reading and writing:

Read a novel in Colleen McCullough's Rome series. I always hear good things about it, so I'd like to find out what I'm missing!

Get most, if not all, of my third novel completed this year--100,000 words, not any wimpy 60,000 words either.

Update my website with some more Medieval Miniatures, as most of the comments I get on the site seem to come from people who have read one of them.

Keep my blogs more up to date.

Read the books that have been sitting on my shelf since last year before buying any new ones. Actually, I broke that resolution just a couple of hours ago. Oh, well--there are worst things, I guess!

3 comments:

Gabriele Campbell said...

Lol, I'm so guilty of the last point.

The Rome books rock. The fourth is a bit weak, but the series picks up again in book 5. And the first is teh bezt. :)

Carla said...

Happy New Year! I second Gabriele's comments - the Masters of Rome series is well worth a try.
Does early medieval (i.e 5th-11th C) count for the Medieval Miniatures, by the way?

Susan Higginbotham said...

Gabriele, I'll try the first first, then!

Carla, early medieval works for me! Let me know if you're interested in contributing a piece!