Saturday, March 08, 2008

Blogs, Blogs, Blogs

While I work on my next post, I wanted to mention that Brian Wainwright, author of Within the Fetterlock and The Adventures of Alianore Audley, has joined blogland with The Yorkist Age, focusing on the House of York. Within the Fetterlock, in case you haven't read it, is the story of Constance of York (married to Thomas le Despenser, a descendant of Hugh le Despenser and Eleanor de Clare), who lived during the reigns of Richard II and Henry IV. The Adventures of Alianore Audley is that rarity--a humorous novel set during the Wars of the Roses.

Lady D. has been around since January with her blog, Lady Despenser's Scribery, but if you haven't come across it yet, now's the time to do so!

And Carole has joined the world of fourteenth-century blogs with The Age of Treason. (Carole is 18. When I was 18 I was listening to Top 40 radio, hanging out with a guy who was obsessed with nuclear power plants, and still writing the occasional dreadful bit of poetry. If we'd had blogs back then, I hate to think what mine would have looked like, so it's just as well we didn't have them.)

Finally, I see that this blog is coming up on its 300th post soon. I really ought to do something special to celebrate, so I'll be pondering the matter.

6 comments:

Kathryn Warner said...

It's great to see all these new history blogs out there!

I dread to think what I would have blogged about when I was 18. Probably nightclubs, the only thing I seemed to be interested in back then.

Looking forward to your 300th post!

Jules Frusher said...

When I was 18... a long, long time ago... I was too interested in discos (yes, it *was* the '80s!), my boyfriend of the time (now EX husband!), heavy rock, big hair and getting drunk to have done anything as sensible as a blog ;-)

By the way, Susan, thanks for giving my blog a mention - much appreciated. The new 'Despensery' should also be open for business tomorrow (Mon)!

Can we have a party for your 300th post? Pwetty please? I'll bring the mead!

Carole said...

Many thanks from me too, Susan - much appreciated.

Lynn Irwin Stewart said...

Thanks for listing more blogs! Now, I'll never get anything done! LOL! Seriously, though, thanks -- I love reading them.

Carla said...

Interesting blogs - some of them were new to me, so thanks very much! Congratulations on your upcoming tercentenary :-)

Gabriele Campbell said...

I wanted to restrict my blogroll to 100, I really did. ;-)

With all those Yorkists around, it's more the pity Rebecca Gablé's novels don't get translated into English.