Sunday, July 09, 2006

My New Advertising Campaign, and Chanel Pearls of Wisdom

Just when I was beginning to wonder how I would next promote my novel, Alianor, through Bourgeois Nerd, pointed toward The Advertising Slogan Generator. Here are just a few. I'm on my way to have the T-shirts printed now:

I Can't Believe It's Not Traitor's Wife

You've Always Got Time for Traitor's Wife

A Traitor's Wife a Day Helps You Work, Rest and Play

My Goodness, My Traitor's Wife!

Give the Dog a Traitor's Wife


It may be, however, that I don't need a campaign, because excerpts from my back cover copy are showing up in decidedly weird places. What Eleanor de Clare and fourteenth-century England have to do with "Your Health and Air Cleaners" is a deep mystery to me, and how my jacket copy ended up on "Chanel Pearl Sunglasses" is an equal mystery, but at least the Chanel pearl sunglasses sound pretty classy. I'll look for some the next time I'm shopping, if I haven't spent all of my money on health and air cleaners.

2 comments:

Kathryn Warner said...

There's this one too. Weird! I've noticed that text from my blog often shows up in really odd places, too.

You've Always Got Time for Traitor's Wife is my favourite. ;)

Susan Higginbotham said...

Boswell the cairn terrier likes the last one best, of course!